VICTIMS OF DISTRACTED DRIVING, REAR-END COLLISIONS, AND OTHER ACCIDENTS
There a number of different types of car accidents, each with its own characteristics. Your case depends on the details of exactly what happened in your own accident.
While each accident is unique, and your own personal circumstances are the most relevant to your case, the lawyers at Romeo Pitaro Schneider Injury Lawyers use our experience with different types of accidents to help us better focus on your case. Our experience helps us know what questions to ask, predict what injuries you may be suffering from and anticipate which parts of your case will be challenging.
Types Of Car Accidents
The way your accident happens can make a difference to your injuries, and to the complexity of your case. Some examples of accident types include:
- Rear-end collisions: A very common form of accident, particularly in congested areas, this involves being hit from behind by another car. Injuries commonly include whiplash and other neck and head injuries. Questions of fault can become complicated if multiple cars are involved and some cars are pushed into others.
- T-bone crashes: These accidents occur in intersections, where one car crashes into the body of another. Often, errors making left-hand turns are involved, and the police may charge the driver of the turning car.
- Head-on collisions: Injuries to victims of these accidents can be devastating because of the combined speeds of both vehicles. It can also be difficult to figure out fault.
- Multivehicle accidents: These accidents can be very complex, and questions of cause and effect and fault can get very messy. If trucks or other large commercial vehicles are involved, the injuries can be serious and sometimes deadly.
- Accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists: These accidents can result in severe injuries to the unprotected victims, though some occur in parking lots where speeds are relatively low. Questions of fault are often a central issue, especially if the victim is jaywalking or intoxicated or the driver has gone into a bicycle lane.
- Drunk or distracted driving: Drunk driving is a known problem and there are many laws in place to deal with it, but distracted driving is a growing concern on our streets. Drivers distracted by talking on the phone, texting or anything other than driving cause immense damage and harm, and Ontario is pursuing zero tolerance for distracted drivers and increasing penalties for drivers caught using hand-held devices. We can use evidence of fines and other legal penalties to help strengthen our clients' cases for recovery of damages if the other parties in their accidents are intoxicated or distracted.
Contact Romeo Pitaro Schneider Injury Lawyers
Whatever kind of accident you have suffered in Richmond Hill, the GTA or anywhere else in Ontario, contact us at 905-889-5300 or fill out our online form to set up a free consultation.