MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS FOR THE GTA
Motorcycles are just another vehicle on the road, and under the law they are treated the same as any other vehicle if there is an accident.
However, because of the vulnerability of drivers of motorcycles, and the image of recklessness and daring connected to motorcycles, the outcomes of an accident can be very different for motorcyclists compared with drivers of cars and other vehicles.
Some common injuries suffered by motorcyclists are:
- Concussion and traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal injuries (head and neck)
- Broken arms and legs
- Road rash
- Emotional after-effects such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
These injuries can cause our clients significant expense in terms of medical care, rehabilitation and lost income due to time off work. For many of our clients, some of the effects of these injuries are permanent. Since many motorcycle drivers are relatively young, the long-term expense of dealing with lifelong injury or disability can be immense.
A Dangerous Image
One of the problems many motorcyclists face is the issue of fault. Because of the common view that motorcycles are associated with danger and risk-taking, drivers may be unfairly assumed to be at fault in an accident.
Many of the benefits you are entitled to are yours regardless of fault. However, if you are partly or fully responsible for an accident, you may not be able to get damages from the other driver. Unfortunately, police and insurance investigators may assume your guilt, and may not pursue investigation of your case as conscientiously as others.
Our lawyers understand the biases against you, and work to minimize them. We will:
- Look at the factors surrounding your accident, including lighting, weather and road conditions, and possible distracted or drunk driving by the other driver
- Examine all the evidence, including eyewitness statements and police reports
- Work to make sure that you are given a fair chance by insurance investigators and representatives
Contact Romeo Pitaro Schneider Injury Lawyers
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Richmond Hill, the GTA or nearby areas of Ontario, contact us at 905-889-5300 or fill out our online form to set up a free consultation.